By: Jomana Aly (@jomanaalyy)
He’s one of the UAE’s favourite royals, and HH Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum turns 35 today. We know we’re not alone in being huge fans of the poet-adventurer-prince, so we thought it was only fair we celebrated.
Here’s 23 things you might not have known about the man also known as Fazza.
- He is Crown Prince of Dubai.
- He is the second son of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, vice president and prime minister of the United Arab Emirates.
- He attended the same college as the British royals.
- He takes an active role in society.
- His father appointed him Crown Prince in 2008.
- He loves photography.
- He is the Chairman of the Dubai Executive Council, the Dubai Autism Centre, and the Dubai Sports Council.
- He is an incredible athlete.
- He wants to revive the ancient sport of falconry in the UAE.
- He likes fishing, specifically catching gigantic fish!
- He’s a horseback rider.
- He loves animals.
- He’s patron of a university in Dubai.
- He’s a family man.
- He lost his elder brother in 2015.
- He loves to travel.
- He placed first in the Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Endurance Cup, a 160km ride, in 2015.
- He loves adrenaline sports.
- He is the founder of the Hamdan International Photography Award.
- He snapchats just like the rest of us.
- He is a member of the Royal Ascot.
- He appears to be a major family man, which is lucky, since he has 22 siblings.
- He is constantly surrounded by his nieces and nephews.