These delicious healthy smoothies will make it easy for you to maintain a healthy diet with fruits, milk and other notorious ingredients.
By: Hana Shamarka
1- Green tea, blueberry and banana smoothie
Antioxidant-rich green tea makes this healthy smoothie a nutritional power house.
3 Tbsp. water
1 green tea bag
2 tsp honey
1½ c frozen blueberries
½ med banana
¾ c calcium fortified light vanilla soy milk
- MICROWAVEwater on high until steaming hot in a small bowl. Add tea bag and allow to brew 3 minutes. Remove tea bag. Stir honey into tea until it dissolves.
2. COMBINE berries, banana, and milk in a blender with ice crushing ability.
3. ADD tea to blender. Blend ingredients on ice crush or highest setting until smooth. (Some blenders may require additional water to process the mixture.) Pour smoothie into tall glass and serve.
NUTRITION (per serving) 269 cals, 2.5 g fat, 0.2 g sat fat, 52 mg sodium, 63 g carbs, 38.5 g sugars, 8 g fiber, 3.5 g protein
2- Berry-wonder workout smoothie
Get the push you need to energize yourself through you work out in minutes.
1½ c chopped strawberries
1 c blueberries
½ c raspberries
2 Tbsp honey
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
½ c ice cubes
BLEND all ingredients.
NUTRITION (per serving) 162.5 cals, 1 g fat, 0.1 g sat fat, 5 mg sodium, 41.5 g carbs, 32 g sugars, 6 g fiber, 2 g protein.
3- Strawberry-kiwi smoothie
Full and fight disease. This high-fiber smoothie recipe becomes even healthier when you use kiwis, which contain higher levels of heart-healthy polyphenols and vitamin C.
1¼ c cold apple juice
1 ripe banana, sliced
1 kiwifruit, sliced
5 frozen strawberries
1½ tsp honey
COMBINE the juice, banana, kiwifruit, strawberries, and honey. Blend until smooth.
NUTRITION (per serving) 87 cals, 0.3 g fat, 0 g sat fat, 3.5 mg sodium, 22 g carbs, 16.5 g sugars, 1.5 g fiber, 0.5 g protein.
4- Mango madness
Take advantage ripe mangoes disease-fighting ability with this delicious smoothie recipe.
1 can (8 oz) juice-packed pineapple chunks
1 c fat-free frozen vanilla yogurt
1 lg ripe mango, peeled and chopped
1 ripe banana, sliced
Crushed or cracked ice
- COMBINE the pineapple (with juice), frozen yogurt, mango, and banana. Blend until smooth.
2. WITH the blender running. gradually drop in enough ice to bring the level up to 4 cups. Blend until the ice is pureed.
NUTRITION (per serving) 251 cals, 0.5 g fat, 0.2 g sat fat, 68 mg sodium, 60 g carbs, 50 g sugars, 4 g fiber, 6.5 g protein.
5) Just peachy
Fat-free vanilla ice cream makes this protein packed smoothie slimming. Skip the spoonful of sugar for a healthier pick.
1 c 1% milk
2 Tbsp low-fat vanilla yogurt
½ c frozen peaches
½ c strawberries
⅛ tsp powdered ginger
2 tsp whey protein powder (such as Organic Whey Protein)
3 ice cubes
- BLEND together any liquid ingredients (milk, yogurt, juice, etc.) and protein powder; this will help break down the grainy powder and make sure it’s evenly distributed.
2. ADD mushy ingredients, like precooked oatmeal and fruit, then add ice at the end. For a thicker shake, you can toss in more ice cubes; you’ll add volume without the calories.
NUTRITION (per serving) 150 cals, 2 g fat, 1 g sat fat, 73 mg sodium, 26.5 g carbs, 24 g sugars, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.