By: Hanya Riad
In the Middle East, Muslims all around the world usually break their fast by eating dates and drinking water. It’s a-Sunnah, also a tradition that was implanted in our culture and was explained to us at a young age. Also Prophet Muhammed mentioned that in his “hadeeth”
Here are some of the many benefits of eating dates
- Promotes Digestive Health
- Free from cholesterol and contain very low fat.
- Rich in vitamins, minerals and protein
- Dates are great energy boosters as they contain natural sugars like glucose, sucrose and fructose.
- Reduced Stroke Risk
- Ensure a Healthy Pregnancy and Delivery
- Dates are rich in potassium and reduced in sodium.
- Reduces Blood Pressure
- Dates have high iron content and are very useful in treating anemia.