By: Ahmed Eid, Coach in Stadium
Most of us have the same resolution every year, and here’s how you can finally reach it!
Belly fat is more than just a nuisance that makes your clothes feel tight; fat inside the belly area is also termed visceral fat, and it is seriously harmful. This type of fat is a major risk factor for type 2 diabetes and heart disease. Many health organizations use BMI (body mass index) to classify weight and predict the risk of metabolic disease. However, this is misleading. People with excess belly fat are at an increased risk, even if they look thin on the outside. Although losing fat from this area can be difficult, there are several things you can do to reduce excess abdominal fat. Some of these tips might sound familiar, but that’s the thing… there’s no magic trick!
1) Eat plenty of soluble fibers.
2) Avoid food that contains trans fats.
3) Eat a high protein diet.
4) Reduce your stress level.
5) Don’t eat a lot of sugary food.
6) Avoid sugar, especially sweetened beverages.
7) Get plenty of restful sleep.
8) Preform resistance training (lifting weight).
9) Do aerobic exercise (cardio) especially high intensity interval training (HIIT).
10) Do CRUNCHES! Nothing burns belly fat faster than crunches, which occupy the number one position in fat-burning exercises. Other fat-burning exercise include twist crunches, side crunches, reverse crunches, vertical leg crunch, bicycle exercise, lunge twist, and plank exercises).